- Ask a group of people at a social occasion to drink to the health and happiness of a specified person: I hereby propose a toast to the bride and groomMore example sentences
- She proposed a toast to our health (the usual) and sat back down amid clapping.
- I take three glasses from the cupboard, remove a bottle from the case, pop the cork, fill the glasses, and propose a toast to their health.
- When I mentioned a party where I'd proposed a toast, he said with a trace of regret, ‘I'm told you speak very well.’
More definitions of propose a toastDefinition of propose a toast in:
- The British & World English dictionary