The action of driving or pushing forward: they dive and use their wings for propulsion under water
More example sentences
- The propulsion and power systems are controlled from the Machinery Control Room.
- This kick has more forward propulsion and causes the hips to rise, just like in butterfly.
- In electric traction, the first inventions for propulsion of vehicles were by battery-stored power.
- Example sentences
- A box-like structure on the propeller shaft, the thrust bearing transfers propulsive force from the propeller shaft to the hull of the ship.
- The propulsive beat went with the bad roads, wild driving and free-form mix of human and animal passengers.
- A propulsive charge sends the shell into the air.
Words that rhyme with propulsionavulsion, compulsion, convulsion, emulsion, expulsion, impulsion, repulsion, revulsion
For editors and proofreaders
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.