Definition of propulsion in English:
The action of driving or pushing forward: they dive and use their wings for propulsion under water
More example sentences
- The propulsion and power systems are controlled from the Machinery Control Room.
- This kick has more forward propulsion and causes the hips to rise, just like in butterfly.
- In electric traction, the first inventions for propulsion of vehicles were by battery-stored power.
- Example sentences
- A box-like structure on the propeller shaft, the thrust bearing transfers propulsive force from the propeller shaft to the hull of the ship.
- The propulsive beat went with the bad roads, wild driving and free-form mix of human and animal passengers.
- A propulsive charge sends the shell into the air.