Definition of propylene in English:
A gaseous hydrocarbon of the alkene series, made by cracking alkanes.
- Alternative name: propene; chemical formula: C3H6
- Specimens were dehydrated in a graded series of ethyl alcohol and propylene oxide solutions and embedded in araldite.
- New metallocene catalysts are used in the preparation of new plastics, including new methods for the polymerization of alkenes such as ethylene and propylene.
- Another major epoxide, propylene oxide, comes from propene reacting with organic hydroperoxides (more reactive equivalents of hydrogen peroxides).
Definition of propylene in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.