An elongated, partly bipedal herbivorous dinosaur of the late Triassic and early Jurassic periods, related to the ancestors of sauropods.
- Infraorder Prosauropoda, suborder Sauropodomorpha, order Saurischia
More example sentences
- Thus endothermy is very unlikely to have evolved in lineages in which the most recent species are predominantly large, such as prosauropods, sauropods, stegosaurs, nodosaurs, ankylosaurs, and ceratopsids.
- However, they conclude that this is incorrect and that the prosauropods and sauropods diverged early from a common ancestor.
- The closest relatives of the sauropods, a group of primitive dinosaurs known as prosauropods, extends back to the Late Triassic (about 220 million years ago) implying that the sauropods may also have had a history extending back as far.
Definition of prosauropod in:
- The British & World English dictionary