- Any of a group of cyclic fatty acid compounds with varying hormonelike effects, notably the promotion of uterine contractions.More example sentences
- Aspirin blocks a group of enzymes that synthesize prostaglandins, which are hormones that assist in pain, inflammation and blood clotting.
- This enzyme is responsible for your body's production of prostaglandins, hormone-like substances involved in inflammation and pain.
- It prompts the body to release chemicals called prostaglandins, which trigger uterine contractions.
More definitions of prostaglandinDefinition of prostaglandin in:
- The British & World English dictionary