(also prostate gland)
Definition of prostate in English:
A gland surrounding the neck of the bladder in male mammals and releasing prostatic fluid.
- The accessory glands, including the seminal vesicles and the prostate gland, provide fluids that lubricate the duct system and nourish the sperm.
- The prostate gland surrounds the urethra at the base of the bladder in men.
- The specimen consisted of a urinary bladder and attached prostate gland with bilateral seminal vesicles and vas deference.
- Example sentences
- The pudendal nerve innervates the few striated muscles within the prostatic capsule.
- If one or both testicular arteries are missing, the testes are supplied by branches from the vesical or prostatic arteries passing under the arch of the pubis.
- The importance of distinguishing between benign prostatic hyperplasia and benign prostatic enlargement and bladder outlet obstruction is fundamental.
Words that rhyme with prostateapostate
Definition of prostate in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan