- 1An amateur who purchases equipment with quality or features suitable for professional use: the magazine is aimed at the prosumer who uses a $10,000 camera to make home movies of his dogMore example sentences
- And while the line-input's audio quality isn't professional, or even prosumer level, it's still good enough for most consumer applications.
- Its $1700 price point makes it a prosumer device.
- Being a good deal smaller and lighter than its predecessor, it's barely larger than some of the prosumer types on sale.
1980s: blend of professional or producer or proactive and consumer.
More definitions of prosumerDefinition of prosumer in:
- The British & World English dictionary