- A substance that provides protection, e.g., against disease or ultraviolet radiation.More example sentences
- Its dry-film protectant repels dust, sand and other crud that sticks to ‘wet’ oils and silicones.
- However, their market share for major farm production supplies - including feed, seed, fertilizer, crop protectants and petroleum - dropped 1 percent from 2000.
- After being purified, the moth virus is formulated to contain a sticking agent as well as an ultraviolet protectant to delay its inactivation in sunlight once used in the field.
More definitions of protectantDefinition of protectant in:
- The British & World English dictionary