- A compound consisting of a protein bonded to glycosaminoglycan groups, present especially in connective tissue.More example sentences
- These are type IV collagen, heparan sulfate proteoglycans, entactin and laminin.
- The pericellular coat of eukaryotic cells contains, besides hyaluronan, also other proteins, among them proteoglycans such as aggrecan and versican, which interact with hyaluronan.
- Research into the mechanisms controlling the process has highlighted proteins and proteoglycans as possible control molecules.
More definitions of proteoglycanDefinition of proteoglycan in:
- The British & World English dictionary