- The entire complement of proteins that is or can be expressed by a cell, tissue, or organism: now that the human genome has been deciphered, much of the fanfare surrounding it has transferred to the proteomeMore example sentences
- A major task for the postgenomic era is to characterize the full protein complement, i.e. the proteome, for organisms.
- During the past decade research in the field of molecular biology has gradually shifted from the analysis of single genes to the analysis of whole genomes, transcriptomes, and proteomes.
- Genome-wide surveys for simple sequences have shown that these low-complexity sequences are the most commonly shared peptide fragments in eukaryotic proteomes.
More definitions of proteomeDefinition of proteome in:
- The British & World English dictionary