- another term for protrusible.More example sentences
- Wrasses characteristically have a protractile mouth, cycloid scales, and a single continuous dorsal fin lacking an obvious notch between the soft and spiny portions.
- In blennies the palatines are toothless, and the mouth not protractile.
- Ponyfish have a very protractile mouth, a phenomenon which can be demonstrated by squeezing the head, when the mouth will shoot forward.
More definitions of protractileDefinition of protractile in:
- The British & World English dictionary