- (In homeopathy) the testing of a remedy: Many such provings are required to fully test the powers of a medicinal substanceMore example sentences
- All the provings at this time were carried out with tinctures of herbs or, in the case of insoluble substances, with ‘first triturations’ (one part of substance ground up with nine parts of sugar or milk)…
- In homeopathic provings, proving data is usually presented as selected descriptions of symptoms in provers' own words, extracted from their accounts and assembled together under general thematic headings.
- The term ‘proving’, as used by Samuel Hahnemann, the founder of Homeopathy, refers to one trial with a single individual (only humans, never animals). Many such provings are required to fully test the powers of a medicinal substance.
More definitions of provingDefinition of proving in:
- The British & World English dictionary