Definition of prudent in English:
Acting with or showing care and thought for the future: no prudent money manager would authorize a loan without first knowing its purpose
More example sentences
- With prudent money management you can beat the downward trend in rates and earn a good return on your savings.
- It would not have been prudent to spend money from charity funds until we received the go-ahead.
- Auditors have praised Greenwich Council for its prudent management of public money.
- Example sentences
- That means I have to work cautiously, meticulously, prudently, slowly, to make it look easy and quick.
- I think we really have to do our homework and proceed cautiously and prudently.
- Future business plans must be prudently guarded or they can be sabotaged.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India