Definition of prunus in English:
A tree or shrub of a large genus that includes many varieties grown for their spring blossom (cherry and almond) or for their fruit (plum, peach, and apricot).
- Genus Prunus, family Rosaceae
- Commonly called plum, Prunus mume - the floral symbol of winter - is actually the flowering apricot.
- So, instead, we drove to Taunton, through the bright sunshine, along hedged roads running between folded hills, with black-thorn bearing bright white star-flowers, and wild cherry and prunus in full bloom against an endless blue sky.
- In the autumn, these insects migrate to members of the prunus family, such as plum and blackthorn, so attacks can be prevented by not planting these or related trees and shrubs near the pond.
Definition of prunus in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan