- A section of a chromosome that is an imperfect copy of a functional gene.More example sentences
- Four alleles were putative pseudogenes and no Pto genes could be isolated from seven individuals of different Lycopersicon species.
- We use the fact that processed pseudogenes and functional genes are subject to different nucleotide-substitution patterns.
- Gene conversion from pseudogenes is also thought to be important in polycystic kidney disease.
More definitions of pseudogeneDefinition of pseudogene in:
- The British & World English dictionary