Definition of pseudonym in English:
A fictitious name, especially one used by an author.
- He has also published several thrillers under the pseudonym Dan Kavanagh.
- Aragon's writings circulated anonymously or under pseudonyms.
- All of the names in this paper are pseudonyms, and I have left student texts unedited for spelling or grammar except where indicated by square brackets.
- Example sentences
- The dangers are especially keen in the case of a figure like Bataille whose persona was often veiled behind the ruse of pseudonymity.
- Richard Bauckham's essay on the rise of apocalyptic is the most impressive; the least impressive is Joyce Baldwin's resistance to seeing pseudonymity in the Old Testament.
- The chaplain's pseudonymity in this article was both unnecessary and contrary to the traditions of the clinical pastoral movement.
Words that rhyme with pseudonympaynim • minim
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.