Definition of pseudonymous in English:
Writing or written under a false name: the pseudonymous author of this mystery
More example sentences
- In the Chronicle of Higher Education, a pseudonymous assistant professor writes about the burdens of being a conservative student and then tenure-track professor.
- Would a true believer really have faked a vision of Christ, as did the pseudonymous author of Revelation, or a letter of Peter or Paul?
- The pseudonymous author of Fear and Trembling - Johannes de silentio - disclaims any pretensions to be a philosopher, at least in the fashionable Hegelian sense.
- Example sentences
- Indeed, I am quite surprised that my pseudonym has lasted this long and that I have not been unmasked by a reader less respectful of my decision to blog pseudonymously than Howard has been.
- He found a nice little bit by Bruce Metzger saying that Jude probably wrote Jude, since it's unlikely that anyone writing pseudonymously would choose the name Judas.
- ‘You do see some of the barriers of rank and hierarchy break down,’ says the woman who blogs pseudonymously as the Invisible Adjunct.
Words that rhyme with pseudonymousanonymous, eponymous, Hieronymus, synonymous
Definition of pseudonymous in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan