noun (plural pseudopregnancies)
Another term for false pregnancy.
- After undergoing a pseudopregnancy, my neighbors' Jack Russell terrier chased away the family's cat and adopted and suckled her kittens.
- Zearalenone consumption will produce vulva swelling, prolapse, pseudopregnancy, false heat symptoms, and other estrogenic problems in the reproductive process.
- Diestrus follows estrus in the nonpregnant cycle, characterized by a state of ‘pseudopregnancy’, which is followed by a return of the uterus and ovaries to the anestrus, resting state.
- Example sentences
- Even if myomas from nonpregnant women have pseudopregnant patterns of gene activity, it seems that the impact on cytoplasmic development is blunted in the absence of an overall pregnant type host milieu.
- Transgenic mice were generated by pronucleus injection of linearized transgene constructs into fertilized eggs that were subsequently transferred into the oviducts of pseudopregnant foster females.
- Of the embryos that reached the morula stage, 174 were transplanted into pseudopregnant females, and 27 developed into progeny.
Definition of pseudopregnancy in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.