Definition of pseudorandom in English:
(Of a number, a sequence of numbers, or any digital data) satisfying one or more statistical tests for randomness but produced by a definite mathematical procedure.
- Such sequences of pseudorandom numbers play crucial roles not only in computer games but also in simulations of physical processes.
- Cryptanalysts have analyzed many systems by breaking the pseudorandom number generators used to supply cryptographic keys.
- Each bird was tested under the various lights in a pseudorandom sequence.
- Example sentences
- To explore the properties of the statistics c and’ c, pseudorandomly generated coding sequences were generated for various lengths and nucleotide compositions.
- The participants were pseudorandomly assigned to one experimental group and three control conditions, each with 12 participants.
- Aside from the constraints just described, trial type varied pseudorandomly within each of the three blocks.
Definition of pseudorandom in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan