exclamation• dated or • humorous
- An expression of contempt or impatience: “Poison? Pshaw! The very idea!”More example sentences
- And for those of you who don't really want details of this, pshaw!
- EEEEWWWW pshaw what the bloody hell?
verb[no object] • dated or • humorous Back to top
- Say ‘pshaw’: when I suggested that free trade might dilute Canadian culture, he pshawedMore example sentences
- ‘Oh, I was a stickler for the rules,’ she pshawed, ‘I work in a bar now.’
- Upon hearing Kurtz's notes over the phone, one imagines the rewrite guy pshawing the angle.
- He pshawed me, accused me of being in denial of incipient middle-age and merely affecting to like ‘the crew’ whilst pining for Celine Dion or Dido.
natural exclamation: first recorded in English in the late 17th century.
More definitions of pshawDefinition of pshaw in:
- The British & World English dictionary