Definition of psittacine in English:
Of, relating to, or denoting birds of the parrot family: psittacine beak and feather disease
More example sentences
- Psittacine beak and feather disease is a highly contagious and debilitating viral disease that affects wild and captive populations of psittacine birds.
- Among psittacine species, the Lilac-crowned Parrot had one of the lowest rates of overall nest success.
nounOrnithology Back to top
A bird of the parrot family.
- Possibly the most visually striking of all of the South American psittacines, the hawk-headed parrot, Deroptyus accipitrinus, is becoming more common in aviculture.
- It is no surprise that the Moluccan cockatoo suffers a deeper degree of imprinted behavior than other species of psittacines that are regularly hand-reared as intended pet birds.
- Green-rumped Parrotlets are small psittacines that inhabit forest edge, savanna, and pastures in northeastern South America.
Definition of psittacine in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan