- The psychological cause to which a mental illness or behavioral disturbance may be attributed (as distinct from a physical cause).More example sentences
- In what follows, I explore the ambivalent nature of cannibalistic images in the Pitjantjatjara and other Australian Aboriginal life-worlds in light of its significance for the psychogenesis of the self.
- Greenblatt needs Shakespeare to have been a Catholic to enable him to say what he wants to say about the psychogenesis of Hamlet, which is for him the absolute centre of Shakespeare's life.
- We will use the term functional symptoms, which does not assume psychogenesis but only a disturbance in bodily functioning.
More definitions of psychogenesisDefinition of psychogenesis in:
- The British & World English dictionary