Definition of psychohistory in English:
noun (plural psychohistories)
1The interpretation of historical events with the aid of psychological theory.
- I eagerly await Seidman's analysis of Asimov's psychohistory in terms of ‘pseudoscience ‘and ‘anti-science.’
- The lead in historical work on globalization is taken by specialists in international relations spiced by imaginative mavericks from fields like the history of science and even psychohistory.
- Like many disciplines, history stays alive through novelty spins, Romantic History, psychohistory, the school of the annales and oral history.
1.2A psychological history of an individual.
- He wrote several "psychohistories" explaining how people like Martin Luther and Mahatma Gandhi were able to think and act the way they did.
- Nixon and Kennedy, both Presidents with dominant fathers had significant leadership flaws as their psychohistories explain.
- Example sentences
- After reading Isaac Asimov's classic ‘Foundation ‘novels, he nurtured a secret desire to be one of Asimov's ‘psychohistorians ‘- futuristic social scientists who could predict the course of human history.’
- Even psychohistorians have discovered the Empire: a recent call for papers was made on the subject of ‘America as an Imperial Power?’
- All along Ariadne is, even with her transformation into a psychohistorian and mathematical physicist, a particular interactive finite body, a particular finite system of ideas.
- Example sentences
- Periodically, this Foundation would face a Seldon Event, a psychohistorical crisis, in which a threat to its existence which would constrain the nascent second empire to follow a single, pre-determined, path.
- Fortunately there is, besides psychohistorical knowledge and mathematical physics, yet another knowledge - scientia intuitiva - which combines the other two in a single active act of understanding.
- There was even psychohistorical analysis of a certain meeting in 1938, explaining how Hitler's superior mind reading skills led to devastating international conflict.
Definition of psychohistory in:
- British & World English dictionary