noun[treated as singular]
- The science of measuring mental capacities and processes.More example sentences
- Although this was necessary, due to the lack of pre-existing measures in the field, these measures lack established psychometrics.
- As a particular discipline, psychometrics provides methodologies for constructing measurement tools and frameworks for testing whether such tools achieve expected objectives.
- ‘For a hundred years, psychometrics have done a great job of identifying high ability in many domains, but we haven't spent as much time identifying underlying mechanisms responsible for why people test this way,’ says O'Boyle.
- More example sentences
- There are the psychometricians, who look at the statistics and biology of IQ and try to determine how much of intelligence is innate.
- Many psychometricians recognize multiple separate categories of intelligence.
- Teachers need not become psychologists or psychometricians to understand the purpose, advantages, and limitations of test scores.
More definitions of psychometricsDefinition of psychometrics in:
- The British & World English dictionary