- 1A person suffering from chronic mental disorder with abnormal or violent social behavior.More example sentences
- For a long time we wanted to believe that here we were dealing with abnormal monsters, psychopaths, or mentally defective, even psychotic individuals.
- Nigel Eastman believes that even if neuroscientists could prove that psychopaths had abnormal brains, they'd still be left with the inconvenient fact that nobody seems to know quite what a psychopath is in the first place.
- Studying the statements of violent criminal psychopaths sheds light on their striking and specific vulnerability and emotional pain.
- 1.1 • informal An unstable and aggressive person: schoolyard psychopaths will gather around a fight to encourage the combatantsMore example sentences
- She has a boyfriend, who is not an aggressive psychopath like the stalker, but gentle and decent.
- His book is populated with scoundrels, megalomaniacs, psychopaths, manipulators and sadists - people he happens to find interesting.
- History is littered with despots and psychopaths, murderous dullards, evil geniuses, deadly incompetents, calamitous brutes of all descriptions.