- 1The scientific study of mental disorders.More example sentences
- In the 1960s, his research on schizophrenia set the standard for twin studies of psychopathology.
- The nature of the hypotheses varies widely depending upon which theory of psychotherapy and psychopathology the clinician applies.
- Most studies of psychopathology focus on individual disorders and screen out comorbid cases to reduce diagnostic heterogeneity.
- 1.1Features of people’s mental health considered collectively: ageism, family discord and psychopathology all play their part in abuseMore example sentences
- In addition, our findings are useful in their ability to more specifically explicate the role of women's beauty and fashion magazines in the psychopathology of eating disorders.
- The grants fund empirical studies on methods of assessment, prevention or treatment, or on issues related to the psychopathology of children or adolescents.
- He is interested in unusual psychiatric phenomena and in the psychopathology of perception.
- 1.2Mental or behavioral disorder: she showed evidence of genuine psychopathologyMore example sentences
- Such a psychopathology would probably be more concerned with the development of the individual's sense of reality than with the vicissitudes of his infantile sexuality.
- The instructor can review the heterogeneity among batterers across several dimensions, including the severity of the violence, and the psychopathology and physiological responses of the batterer.
- He considered that some cases manifested a particular psychopathology, sometimes due to drunkenness or epilepsy, but that in a few instances it was an actual perversion brought about by a morbid disposition.
- More example sentences
- According to Homey, alienation could be related to psychopathological states similar to neurosis, including a delay in the growth and actualization of the individual.
- The Freudian world view had already started to rewrite the old script of women sexually victimized by predatory men, replacing it with a new script of psychopathological maternity.
- Additional paternal factors, other than psychopathological characteristics, also have been examined in families with court-involved youth.
- More example sentences
- The first, held by many developmental psychopathologists, was that individual differences are best tapped under stressful conditions.
- It was his doctor, a psychopathologist named Rayna Midori, recently arrived from Bombay, who had decided that talking to a writer might be therapeutic.
More definitions of psychopathologyDefinition of psychopathology in:
- The British & World English dictionary