The treatment of mental disorder by psychological rather than medical means.
- Hypnosis is now used in medical treatment as hypnotic psychotherapy to treat diseases of both the body and the mind.
- Interpersonal psychotherapy in bulimia nervosa this is a three phase treatment.
- Yes, there is still a major role for psychotherapy in treating mental illnesses.
- Example sentences
- Ice added that the treatment for eating disorders must be ‘as complex as the illness’ and should include nutritional, medical, psychiatric and psychotherapeutic aspects.
- Frank considered demoralization a common central feature of those seeking psychiatric, especially psychotherapeutic, care.
- If a process of ‘psychotherapy’ is to prove psychotherapeutic, in any more than a serendipitous way, I think this depends on the presence of psychoanalytic work.
Words that rhyme with psychotherapyaromatherapy, chemotherapy, hypnotherapy, physiotherapy, radiotherapy, therapy
Definition of psychotherapy in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.