Definition of psychotronic in English:
1Denoting or relating to a genre of movies, typically with a science fiction, horror, or fantasy theme, that were made on a low budget or poorly received by critics.
[ 1980s: coined in this sense by Michael Weldon, who edited a weekly New York guide to the best and worst films on local television]
- Psychotronic films range from Attack of the Killer Tomatoes to E.T....from Angel's Wild Women and Hellcats of the Navy to/Dismember Mama and Let Me Die A Woman...from sincere social commentary to utter trash.
- If nothing else, this throwback to the old low-budget psychotronic films of the '50s and '60s is uniquely stylish, even kitschy.
2Of or relating to psychotronics.
- Biohazard is so goofy, so downright daffy in its illogical cohesiveness that you'll wonder why it hasn't crossed your psychotronic doorstep before.
- Well, it's a cap for your head, made out of tin foil, which shields your brain from ‘most electromagnetic psychotronic mind-control carriers.’
Definition of psychotronic in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan