Relating to or denoting drugs that affect a person’s mental state.
- It now constitutes a criminal offense to supply a person with narcotic drugs or psychotropic substances, or to incite other persons to use such drugs or substances, even when no material or personal benefit is intended.
- The use of psychotropic drugs complicates the ongoing assessment of mental status, can impair the patient's ability to understand or cooperate with treatment, and is associated with a greater incidence of falls.
- The immediate impact of psychotropic drugs on one's mental condition, for better or for worse, provides experimental proof for the relative materiality of our minds.
A psychotropic drug.
- While TCAs were the most prescribed psychotropic in 1988, by 1994, SSRI prescriptions nearly reached their numbers.
- Every single psychotropic on the previous list has been tested with a taper since I inherited this patient several years ago.
Definition of psychotropic in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.