Definition of pterosaur in English:
An extinct warm-blooded flying reptile of the Jurassic and Cretaceous periods, with membranous wings supported by a greatly lengthened fourth finger, and probably covered with fur.
- Order Pterosauria, subdivision Archosauria: several families, including pterodactyls, pteranodons, etc.
- The genus Pteranodon includes several species of large pterosaurs from the Cretaceous period in North America.
- Over the head of Tyrannosaurus rex glides the skeleton of Pteranodon, a pterosaur or flying reptile.
- A pterosaur is a flying reptile from the Mesozoic period, the time of the dinosaurs.
Definition of pterosaur in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan