Definition of pterosaur in English:
An extinct warm-blooded flying reptile of the Jurassic and Cretaceous periods, with membranous wings supported by a greatly lengthened fourth finger, and probably covered with fur.
- Order Pterosauria, subdivision Archosauria: several families, including pterodactyls, pteranodons, etc.
- The genus Pteranodon includes several species of large pterosaurs from the Cretaceous period in North America.
- Over the head of Tyrannosaurus rex glides the skeleton of Pteranodon, a pterosaur or flying reptile.
- A pterosaur is a flying reptile from the Mesozoic period, the time of the dinosaurs.
Definition of pterosaur in:
- British & World English dictionary