- 1A tavern or bar.More example sentences
- In the commercial section, Canal Tavern won first prize for best pub or restaurant floral display.
- At least the hordes of waitresses in white ensure you can exit this simple pub relatively fast.
- However, this pub has moved with the times and a smoking area is located upstairs.
- 1.1Australian A hotel.More example sentences
- Other Kaipara pubs, such as the Commercial, Aratapu and Paparoa hotels, reported static sales.
- Ray decided that, after meeting with Walter, and picking up the car, he would stay at a pub for a few days.
verb[no object] (usually as noun pubbing) • informal Back to top
- Spend time in pubs.More example sentences
- But I loved the cocktails and the fact that it was not on a main pubbing street so no drunken idiots hanging around outside.
- Clubbing and pubbing is a major part of life if you're looking to meet someone.
- What drink will you order when go pubbing and clubbing?
mid 19th century: abbreviation of public house.
More definitions of pubDefinition of pub in:
- The British & World English dictionary