noun (plural pubes /-bēz/)
- Either of a pair of bones forming the two sides of the pelvis.More example sentences
- The pelvic diaphragm is a sheet of muscles that run from the anterior pelvis at the posterior surface of the symphysis pubis to the ischial spine and coccyx.
- The remainder of the ischium, joins with the pubis to form the obturator foramen.
- The pubis carries the symphysis pubis, which is a joint connecting the right and left coxal bones.
late 16th century: from Latin os pubis 'bone of the pubes'.
More definitions of pubisDefinition of pubis in:
- The British & World English dictionary