Definition of public policy in English:
1The principles, often unwritten, on which social laws are based.
- The idea of the public interest used to mean matters of public policy or issues of social importance.
- What does this picture of the impacts across social class mean for public policy?
- That discretion, however, must be exercised according to some important principles of public policy.
2 Law The principle that injury to the public good is a basis for denying the legality of a contract or other transaction.
- All their Lordships denied that public policy had a role in the decision.
- The Court came to the conclusion that it would be contrary to public policy to register that judgment because there was a denial of a fair trial.
- What is the overlap between contracts which break the law and those which are contrary to public policy?
Definition of public policy in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.