- A law officer who conducts criminal proceedings on behalf of the government or in the public interest.More example sentences
- Only the magistrate, public prosecutors, the suspects and the grandmother of the minor were allowed in court.
- The public prosecutor stated they were wrongfully arrested and he could not take the case to court.
- The public prosecutors with jurisdiction over the matter didn't treat the incidents so lightly.
More definitions of public prosecutorDefinition of public prosecutor in:
- The British & World English dictionary