- The funds raised by a government by taxation or other means.More example sentences
- One of the reasons is that the trip was funded from the public purse and, as taxpayers, people deserve an explanation.
- Nepotism was rife, friends and relatives were given jobs or found themselves the recipients of grants funded from the public purse.
- He said that the public purse was not being properly protected.
More definitions of public purseDefinition of public purse in:
- The British & World English dictionary