- 1A black disk made of hard rubber, the focus of play in ice hockey.More example sentences
- The players carry around hunks of lumber called sticks, which they used to hit a slab of hard rubber called a puck.
- Indeed, the only thing harder than getting a puck past Brodeur is getting him to take a night off.
- He steals pucks constantly in the neutral zone, leading to breakaway goals and oddman rushes.
- 2 Computing An input device similar to a mouse that is dragged across a sensitive surface, which notes the puck’s position to move the cursor on the screen.More example sentences
- The lasers talk to the computer, which moves a blocking device to intercept the puck.
- Similar to NBA Live's Freestyle mode is the Dynamic Deke system which allows you to manipulate the puck manually using the directional pad.
- Without the puck, you have body check control with the right thumbstick.
late 19th century: of unknown origin.
- 1A mischievous or evil sprite.More example sentences
- But in the night and in the moon, it takes a spirit, ghost or puck, to walk its field.
- One of the most popular characters in English folklore of the last thousand years has been the faerie, goblin, devil or imp known by the name of Puck or Robin Goodfellow.
- As a shape-shifter, Puck has had many appearances over the years.
- 1.1 (Puck) another name for Robin Goodfellow.
Old English pūca.