- A conglomerate rock in which dark-colored rounded pebbles contrast with a paler fine-grained matrix.More example sentences
- This is a single 12 ft long, hand-coloured pull-out sheet depicting a landscape with cartoon figures, illustrating terms such as puddingstone, Old Red and intrusion, by C. M. Webster, produced in London about 1840.
- The stone is ‘puddingstone’ and the bronze marker is 18'; x 12'.
- The stuff goes on well enough on the flat, but poking it into the carious vermiculations of randomly quarried puddingstone turned out to be a bit of a challenge.
More definitions of puddingstoneDefinition of puddingstone in:
- The British & World English dictionary