- Of or relating to the lungs: pulmonary blood flowMore example sentences
- A blockage in the lungs is called pulmonary embolism and can cause of sudden, unexpected death.
- Replacement of the aortic and pulmonary valves with the pulmonary autograft.
- Studies in the lung have focused mainly on the regeneration of pulmonary epithelium.
mid 17th century: from Latin pulmonarius, from pulmo, pulmon- 'lung'.
More definitions of pulmonaryDefinition of pulmonary in:
- The British & World English dictionary