- The artery carrying blood from the right ventricle of the heart to the lungs for oxygenation.More example sentences
- Unlike the aorta, the body's other main artery, the pulmonary artery, carries oxygen-poor blood.
- Blood then goes through the main pulmonary artery to the right and left pulmonary arteries, which lead blood to the lungs.
- For example, transposition of the great arteries occurs when the pulmonary artery and the aorta are on the wrong sides of the heart.
More definitions of pulmonary arteryDefinition of pulmonary artery in:
- The British & World English dictionary