A plant of a genus that includes the pasqueflower.
- Genus Pulsatilla, family Ranunculaceae
More example sentences
- Three plants which make an exciting selection for spring colour are aubrietia, pulsatilla and bergenia.
- The genus Pulsatilla includes about 30 species, many of which are valued for their finely-dissected leaves, solitary bell-shaped flowers, and plumed seed heads.
- Pulsatilla is a very rare flower which blooms only at Easter in Slovenia.
modern Latin, diminutive of pulsatus 'battered', expressing the notion 'small flower battered by the wind'.
Definition of pulsatilla in:
- The British & World English dictionary