Definition of pulsatilla in English:
A plant of a genus that includes the pasqueflower.
- Genus Pulsatilla, family Ranunculaceae
- Three plants which make an exciting selection for spring colour are aubrietia, pulsatilla and bergenia.
- The genus Pulsatilla includes about 30 species, many of which are valued for their finely-dissected leaves, solitary bell-shaped flowers, and plumed seed heads.
- Pulsatilla is a very rare flower which blooms only at Easter in Slovenia.
Modern Latin, diminutive of pulsatus 'battered', expressing the notion 'small flower battered by the wind'.
Definition of pulsatilla in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.