1A room, building, or compartment in which pumps are housed or from which they are controlled.
- Not long ago, Hydrovac was called upon to install an underground pump room for stormwater drains at a condominium building in Deerfield Beach, Florida.
- The swimming pool measures 6.9 metres by 11.75 metres and this part of the house also includes a steam room, patio doors to the deck area and a pump room.
- We also put a deck around the shaft and use the deck to hide the pump room.
1.1A room at a spa where medicinal water is dispensed.
- Last month council officials halted the water supply to the pump room after discovering that leaks in the old borehole meant that visitors were mainly drinking rainwater.
- This month, the pump room at Strathpeffer will reopen to the public.
1.2A common name for a drinking establishment.
For editors and proofreaders
Syllabification: pump room
Definition of pump room in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.