Definition of punchball in English:
1US A team ball game in which a rubber ball is punched or headed.
- I come from the part of Brooklyn, N.Y., where girls played punchball or handball, unless they were fortunate enough to have someone pay for their tennis lessons.
- Punchball is a sport similar to baseball but without a pitcher, catcher, or bat.
- Punchball should be declared an Olympic event.
2British Another term for punching bag.
- He is a past master of the photo-opportunity who, as a Scottish Office minister, wowed inmates at Saughton Prison with his boxing skills by laying into a punchball.
- Despite the lack of a swimming pool on board the ship to Canada, King kept fit by using a boxer's punchball - the method Allan Wells pioneered for track sprinters over 40 years later.
Definition of punchball in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan