Definition of punctual in English:
1Happening or doing something at the agreed or proper time; on time: he’s the sort of man who’s always punctual
More example sentences
- While they are super-fast, comfortable, punctual and convenient, the Shinkansen trains are not cheap.
- I had some dealings with him, and to my amazement, he never agreed to a discount and was always punctual in meeting delivery deadlines.
- Ragweed hay fever has a short, punctuated, and punctual season.
- Example sentences
- The firm will initially use the upgraded lines to improve punctuality, with delayed trains being able to speed up to meet the existing timetable.
- The Strategic Rail Authority was set up to meet targets for growth in passenger numbers and improvements in punctuality.
- McLean hoots again as she tells the story of how she had come over all grande dame and lectured her younger colleagues about the importance of punctuality.
Words that rhyme with punctualmutual • virtual • casual
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.