(Of a larva) become a pupa.
More example sentences
- Next spring, the larvae pupate and emerge in late May or early June as beetles that live 2 to 4 weeks.
- After the third week all mines were left covered until the larvae pupated, at which time the leaves were picked and placed in corked glass tubes, and reared in an outside insectary.
- Last-instar larvae pupated on the branches of the trees.
- More example sentences
- Development time includes the period of larval growth from hatching to pupation.
- In addition, developmental times to pupation and adult eclosion, pupal weights, and survival/mortality were measured for all insects.
- All frizzled individuals were male and died either during pupation, adult emergence, or soon thereafter.
Definition of pupate in:
- The British & World English dictionary