A student in school.
- He told delegates the primary school pupil had attacked four teachers.
- The teachers also taught the pupils to sing one or two songs in a different language.
- Teachers are seen by pupils not to teach but as a way they can justify themselves at the next inspection.
The dark circular opening in the center of the iris of the eye, varying in size to regulate the amount of light reaching the retina.
- Muscles controlling the iris change the size of the pupil according to light conditions.
- The pupils do not change size when a bright light is projected into them.
- It varies the size of the pupil and the thickness of the lens of the eyes to adjust for brightness and for distance.
- Example sentences
- The cornea, the pupillary opening within the iris, the lens, and the aqueous and vitreous humor combine to form the refractive media of the eye.
- A stimulant action on the parasympathetic portion of the oculomotor nucleus (third cranial nerve) is responsible for pupillary miosis.
- She had pendular nystagmus, but pupillary and fundus examination showed nothing abnormal.
Pronunciation: /ˈpyo͞opəˌlerē/(also pupilary) adjective