noun (plural puris)
- (In Indian cooking) a small, round, flat piece of bread made of unleavened wheat flour, deep-fried and served with meat or vegetables.More example sentences
- Where else in Kochi, but Kadavanthara can one find people enjoying bhel puris, paani puris, paav bhaajis, gol gappas and samosas from the row of chaat stalls.
- Little stalls on wheels serve up ‘tiffin’: banana chips, grilled corn on the cob on a stick, vegetable bhajis, bel puri, little rice batter puffs with a stew of channa poured into them.
- With around 13 varieties of chaat, the fest features paav bhaji, dehi puris, fruit chaats, kachories etc, will be on till June 16.
via Hindi from Sanskrit pūrikā.
More definitions of puriDefinition of puri in:
- The British & World English dictionary