- 1British An officer of the College of Arms.More example sentences
- I was advised by one of their herald pursuivant that there is no official or legal way up.
- Please remember that if you are no longer your groups pursuivant/herald, you must submit a change of officer form to your regional and the Dragon Herald.
- Each Barony is required by Kingdom Law to have a Baronial Pursuivant who acts as the Senior Member of the College of Heralds within their region.
late Middle English (denoting a junior heraldic officer): from Old French pursivant, present participle (used as a noun) of pursivre 'follow after'.
More definitions of pursuivantDefinition of pursuivant in:
- The British & World English dictionary