- Consisting of, containing, or discharging pus.More example sentences
- In such outbreaks, pneumococcal infections have included sepsis, meningitis, purulent conjunctivitis, recurrent otitis media and sinusitis.
- These complications include pleural infection or empyema, meningitis, purulent pericarditis, or endocarditis.
- In patients with an obvious focus of infections (eg, purulent nasal discharge, abdominal tenderness, profuse green diarrhea), a focused diagnostic workup is required.
late Middle English: from Latin purulentus 'festering', from pus, pur- (see pus).
More definitions of purulentDefinition of purulent in:
- The British & World English dictionary