1A cat (especially as a form of address): you naughty little puss!
More example sentences
- While licking its claws, puss leaves a collection of the organism there, which in turn becomes yours when the cat scratches you.
- I sat next to puss on the couch again but Sam never left the door.
- This does not amuse either puss who associate feathered birds with fair game and dinner.
Words that rhyme with pussschuss, wuss
A person’s face or mouth.
- There was nothing more exasperating than the snug puss of my Dublin work colleague as he entered the office the morning after.
- He had a right puss on him when he lifted it down off the stool.
- Everybody says she always had a puss on her face, and I always smiled.
Late 19th century: from Irish pus 'lip, mouth'.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan