1A cat (especially as a form of address): you naughty little puss!
More example sentences
- While licking its claws, puss leaves a collection of the organism there, which in turn becomes yours when the cat scratches you.
- I sat next to puss on the couch again but Sam never left the door.
- This does not amuse either puss who associate feathered birds with fair game and dinner.
Words that rhyme with pussschuss, wuss
A person’s face or mouth.
- There was nothing more exasperating than the snug puss of my Dublin work colleague as he entered the office the morning after.
- He had a right puss on him when he lifted it down off the stool.
- Everybody says she always had a puss on her face, and I always smiled.
Late 19th century: from Irish pus 'lip, mouth'.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.