1Act in a cautious or noncommittal way: I realized I could no longer pussyfoot around
More example sentences
- Mr Blair may want to pussyfoot around this issue, but I don't.
- ‘Tell me we're not going to pussyfoot around when we get in there,’ he says.
- Don't pussyfoot around with vague terms like hang out.
- Example sentences
- Agnew, on the other hand, is the guy who gave us ‘nattering nabobs of negativity,’ and ‘pusillanimous pussyfooters.’
- Careful Mr CB - remember, he's ‘hardcore’ and we're just ‘pussyfooters’.
For editors and proofreaders
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.