1Act in a cautious or noncommittal way: I realized I could no longer pussyfoot around
More example sentences
- Mr Blair may want to pussyfoot around this issue, but I don't.
- ‘Tell me we're not going to pussyfoot around when we get in there,’ he says.
- Don't pussyfoot around with vague terms like hang out.
- Example sentences
- Agnew, on the other hand, is the guy who gave us ‘nattering nabobs of negativity,’ and ‘pusillanimous pussyfooters.’
- Careful Mr CB - remember, he's ‘hardcore’ and we're just ‘pussyfooters’.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.